Wings of Desire Ch-11

Thundering heart,
Rush of heat inside,
Consumed by his thoughts,
My white Knight.

FREYA
It was the coldest month but outside sun was shining. Yes, there was snow but the direct light of sun streaming in from my window was the thing awakened me. For the first time in six months I slept without nightmares. I felt relaxed and happy. But after few seconds realisation dawned on me and my calm left me.
I remembered last night and what utterly stupid things I have done. I clutched my head in my hands, I felt ashamed. I was like a plastic doll in his hands, blabbering the truth I wasn’t even ready to accept myelf. And he was there again to protect me from Evan and my drunk self.
I drank too much; I had that intention in mind when I agreed for bonfire. I wanted to let go, to feel free and not sad all the time. But I did more than that.
But even as drunk as I was, I could remember every second with him. From the moment he came in like a knight in shining armour till the time he told me with an undefined promise and passion that I will know when he will kiss me.
I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror. I laughed shortly, if Alexander saw the morning me he would definitely freak out.
My fingers traced my waist, where is hands held me with gentleness and strength. The look of adoration and desire he emitted was etched in my mind. One thing was sure, he liked me but why that was not sure. A fantastical boy like him was not meant to be with average girls like me.
But never once he kissed me or tried to take any kind of advantage. Either he was not that interested in me or he was too much of a gentleman. With his expertise of flirting I was inclined towards the first option since I cannot seem to find a reason why he liked me?
I wanted to kiss him, with him so close my eyes traced his soft hair, his eyes, his sharp nose and sculpture perfect jaw line and then there were those inviting lips. For a moment I thought he would kiss me but nothing like that happened. I held onto him with support of the front of his shirt. His grip never once loosened. Few times I must have imagined look of dark desire in his eyes but another moment it vanished. This close to him I felt the heat between us in winter night and also the fact that he was strong in a model sexy type. But I was baffled at myself for being too intimate with him yet hopelessly carefree. In fact I felt wonderful in his arms and this scared me, I cannot allow myself to be enchanted.
As much as I want to believe my instincts and say that I was safe with him, the boy spelled trouble in bold letters. He will break my heart.
And even after warning myself so much I eagerly got ready for school because I know I will see him there. Will he ignore after my embarrassing event last night or will he make fun of me? I was worried what he thought of me, I shouldn’t be but I was. I never before cared what others thought.
I stealthily walked down to the door to avoid my mother and sister and get lectured for coming home drunk.
“God, Freya he is smoking hot.” My sister’s voice startled me.
“Who?” I asked afraid to know her answer. He carried me home.
My best friends were traitors now.
“The guy that brought you home drunk. Well it looked like you were drunk but when the boy left I called mom and she sniffed you like dog. I guess you were asleep rather than being drunk.” My sister explained.
I was startled, Alexander brought me home and I was alcohol free. How was that possible? I didn’t even feel any hangover from last night.
“Fine. I will be going now.” I hurriedly tried to dodge my sister’s twenty questions about Alexander and last night’s bonfire.
“Don’t let this one escape Freya.” My sister yelled her advice from behind.
I shook my head and grinned.
Brenna was surprised to see me sober and without any headaches.
“What happened to you last night? You drank like you wanted to forget all pain in the world and then Mr. Super Handsome took you home, in his arms least to say.” Brenna said.
“Freya he is so into you. Last night I saw the way he looks at you, he is not playing around.” Hazel said with seriousness.
I laughed at her and asked, “And what made you such an expert?”
“It’s quiet visible as a matter of fact. He cares for you and just my luck that incredibly sexy boy wants you. With his amount of intensity anyone could see, even a blind person.” Hazel replied with equal seriousness.

So it was not just me, my friends have noticed that look too.
At school I tried to stay close to Brenna and Hazel desperately trying to avoid him and yet my eyes constantly looking for. I was going love crazy like the girls in movies; I chided myself that I was better than that. But it couldn’t cure the magnetic attraction I had towards Alexander.
“How are you feeling today Freya?” My heart did a flip flop inside with joy on hearing his voice.
But my mind told me to be ashamed of my actions last night him being the victim of my drunkenness.
As soon as my friends saw him coming closer, they giggled and left me to handle him alone. I mustered up all my courage and replied, “I feel great actually.”
He smiled his pure yet sexy smile. I do not like him I chanted to myself. But it was not working at all.
“I am sorry for being a trouble last night.” I muttered an apology my eyes down casted in shame.
He laughed, beautifully I should add.
“No you were not a trouble. Well I would day adorable and to some level seductive but not trouble.” He said with a mischievous grin on his face.
My mouth fell open in surprise. He called me seductive. Was that even possible?
And then in temper I said out loud the stupidest thing in history of stupid, “Oh, so that is why you did nothing.”
I bit my tongue after saying that and I wanted to disappear or die that instant.
I saw surprise flicker on his face and then my favourite sexy grin reappeared on his face.
“You wanted me to do something?” He asked sounding amused and joyful to a certain extent.
“N-No. I meant I am not the seductive type. I m-meant I know you are making fun of me.” I managed to form a reply, stammering unlike myself.
“I don’t think so. I had to be practically an angel to restrain myself while you hung on to my shirt collar.” He said it and stepped forward a bit.
He said this with seriousness, no teasing or mocking.
I hung my head in shame. He was mocking me. I resisted the urge to be a kid and stick out my tongue at him.
“Fine, go on make fun of me. I am sure you were more concerned about me being the trouble and cause you weren’t able to get close with any pretty girls around.” I was ashamed and annoyed at him for being a jerk about it.
“Well you actually are the cause I am not able to think about other girls no matter how gorgeous they are” He again said something so nonchalantly like a fact yet it affected me like a shock.
Was he blaming me or saying that he only thought about me? Well I couldn’t think straight with his handsome self right beside me.
I sighed and started walking. He caught up with me.
“You are persistent, you know. Why do you keep thinking I am your angel?” He asked not sounding weirded out just curious.
I remembered what I said to him last night. I silently winced to myself.
“I was drunk,  I said stupid things.” I replied still annoyed.
“I don’t think so. You did right things most of the times.” There he was flirting again.
“I told you I believe in angels and maybe you protected me from my possessive ex, I considered you as one.” I lied with conviction.
“Are you sure it’s not about my eyes?” He asked prompting me to spill out the truth.
He knew about my dream violet eyes, but he didn’t know that somehow I had an instinct that it was him. I sounded weird in my head to say that he was angel or protector. His behaviour was more of a bad boy type. And as much as I believed in angel, I don’t think it was easy to interact with them.
I knew from his looks he had more questions and lot more to say about last night but he let it go and gave me a look of adoration, the look I loved yet couldn’t decipher.
Bell rang for the class and I picked my pace to avoid his question and most importantly the magnetic pull.
“I don’t think you would be going to class today.” I almost bumped into owner of the voice.
I looked up and stood face to face with a boy slightly like Alexander. My inside coiled at his sight, my mind filled with warnings. I felt scared and vulnerable. He was a bit shorter than Alexander with same skin colour and brown hair. He had cold gray eyes, longer face cut than Alexander but same touch of roguish handsomeness.
“Brother, I wish I could say pleased to meet you.” Alexander said flatly moving ahead of me like a shield.
I blanched when I realised that he was Alexander’s brother, I shouldn’t have but I did. I was not scared of him because I didn’t even know him but I was terrified of the dangerous aura around him.
“Don’t worry Alex, I am here to make acquaintance with your human.” He said evilly.

Turning towards me he stretched out his hands for a handshake and said, “We haven’t formally met, I am Haylien. The Elder Angel Prince.”

Comments

Popular Posts