Seoul Diaries Day - 6 BTS Exhibition '오, 늘'

August 27th, 2018

The concert was done and I was still not over it. But I had no time to process it. Because today was my ticket for BTS '오, 늘' Exhibition and I was absolutely thrilled. This was like really once in a lifetime opportunity. But since it started at 3 and I checked the location beforehand it and there was not a big lining up so I could just get there by 1 am at the max. It was my second time going to an exhibition and the last one I went to was an art exhibition and just in case I dressed up nicely for this one, lol.

I still couldn't believe that I had the ticket for something this special.➨

My first stop for the day was Itaewon with the line store where BTS developed there BT21 characters. I was not planning anything to buy from there because I was stupid enough to think I will buy from Hongdae store which was near my place. My parents and I went in different directions because they were checking out the palace today. I kind of regretted not going to palace but once I entered the Line store all the regrets were gone.
Firstly i spotted Kookmin Bank near the Itaewon station and walked in the bank just to click the picture of BTS poster. If we exit at gate 3 and walk straight on the left-hand side is the huge Line Store. The first floor everything except BT21, the second floor is completely BT21 and the top floor is the Line Cafe. My aim was the cafe since BT21 special drinks were available only here.








This is the prettiest Line Store in Seoul so far for me and I have been to Hongdae and MyeongDong one and like other Line stores, they play only BTS songs. They have the mini character set for display and it is incredibly cute. Also, they have the huge VAN which is autographed by BTS themselves.











Since I was alone, I ordered only 2 drinks since that is the maximum I can drink alone. I wish my family came here instead of the palace so that I could have ordered al 7. Since I had lot of time till the exhibition I just sat there sipping the drinks literally just bopping to BTS songs.




For almost 2 hours left for the exhibition I left from the store and hurried back to the Insadong station from where I exited at gate 6 and the Art Gallery was walking distance and super easy to find.




I joined the line that was now starting to form outside the art gallery and had to buy an umbrella because it started drizzling. I was overjoyed at this point because the exhibition was something that was for a limited time and it is going to be BTSxArt like their unseen photos and at that moment I thanked God for the moment.

 After almost 45 min in line we entered and JAW DROP!









It was heaven on earth, the most beautiful thing I have witnessed in my life. Maybe second most beautiful since BTS would be first. For a second I forgot I needed to take pictures or that I need to be quick because there was merch at the end of it which might sell out fast. I forgot everything except the gorgeous collection of pictures in front of me.











There were unseen videos, pictures, music videos sets, Suga's studio replica, the legendary leather jacket, polaroids, customers from MVs and so many videos which made me wonder how much we have not seen.





















I walked through the whole thing in a daze and it is a miracle I didn't freak out and cried.
Anyway by the time I slowly walked and came to an end I realized there was the merch line and frame and acrylic clock was sold out already.














































Honestly, I had no regrets because I wanted to cherish that exhibition more than anything. I bought some exhibition merch and stepped out from there insanely happy.




I called up my parents and since they were running late I spent some time in Insadong also known as the souvenir spot for tourist. I bought a few keychains for friends, clicked some pictures and bought a beautiful handmade windchime for my mother because she loves that kind of things.

I met my parents in the metro station and from there we went back home to rest for a while before we could head out to our next location for the day. And we needed a change of clothes because we were drenched in rain.

~~~\

After washing up and having some food we set out for the Han River. Another spot that was on my to visit list.
 It was not far and people go there to bike and have a picnic by the seaside and I made a good choice because I found an RM birthday ad there. It is by the way extremely difficult to find birthday ads since they are all over the city and you need to be on right exit number to find one.



We got ourselves some coffee and chocopie and just sat there at Han River, Its really beautiful and at the end of the day you can even come alone and sit there enjoy the weather and the scenic beauty. By the time we reached there the bike rental time ended so we just took pictures and walked around. People were having picnics, celebrating a birthday and enjoying dates there and my father loved it since he is all about scenic beauty.







By 10:30 we decided to head back before the metro stopped running and we are left with the difficult option of taking a cab and explaining our airbnb location in Korean, I am still not that fluent.

The day ended on a great note as I admired my merch collection so far and that we still had 2 days left in this beautiful place.




Comments

Popular Posts