Wings of Desire Ch-2



Whisper of her lips,
Her breath on my face.
Eyes, piercing the soul,
She is my doom!

XANDER
She was the most beautiful human from my perspective. She was the sign of energy and purity. She was gentle, naive, fragile and yet so very dangerous.
     The blue coloured top she wore looked like droplets of water over ice. Beautiful. She had her raven black hair tied in a ponytail which swayed with the wind. I envied the wind, it could get close to her in a way, and I never can.
I could sense the feeling of discomfort and sadness in her chocolate brown eyes. She lost the luster since that night, when I had to break the rules and reveal myself. But since she lost her consciousness, I wasn’t punished for my disobedience. I was again just a stranger to her. But I could still feel the sudden panic she has when she couldn’t remember that night completely.
Did she see me? Part of hoped that she didn’t and other part of me was ready for any consequence if she did.
But I knew as well they did I was not someone to mess with. Being me, I could get away with almost anything.
A smile crept on my face when I saw her smiling. I was grateful to her friend for that. She looked like the red of fire in a dead winter night, when she smiled. She looked warm and alluring.
I mentally chided myself. Xander, you couldn’t think that, shouldn’t think that.
I followed her movements, her eyes and smile. I was like an invisible shadow to her being.
As she stepped out of the vehicle, I noticed her slightly wearied look. She hated crowd and small talks, I knew that.
“You will be fine.” Her friend said the words in my mind.
She nodded and sighed deeply. Before she could manage to gather her happy thoughts and get on with the day, a nice looking boy came over and planted a peck on her cheek.
And then my good mood vanished and I had to remind myself repeatedly and forcefully that I cannot, I should not take revenge on him...that I was but a Guardian Angel, nothing else.



Comments

Popular Posts