And I missed..CH-4


Chapter 4:

So you are the one who killed her parents and sister? And then ran away?” Dryden questioned me.
“No , I didn’t. And even if I did, why should I tell you. For all I know you might be a psychopath, running in a town carrying bow and arrow!”, I replied tired yet excited for some reason.
“For how long you haven’t taken a bath?”, He asked with amusement in his voice and eyes.
And I sighed trying to control my anger. As I turned around to live a red arrow came out of nowhere and I yelled in surprise!
Few minutes earlier:
Watch where you go ass-hole!”,Kiara said, knowing too well that it was her fault.
Kiara was running forward and looking backward, you tend to do so when you are being followed. She rubbed my arms which due to weakness was hurt badly when she collided with...
“I should watch where I am going? Really?” A tall boy standing in front of her said , sounding annoyed.
Kiara was not going to accept her fault right now, and of course not going to apologize to some boy her age ;Totallyembarrassing.
“Listen, I am in a hurry and if you don’t mind I need to get going”, She said, a weird knot in her chest, a knot which forms when you meet a cute guy.
“Apologize!” He said, annoyed but amused.
She glared at him shocked. His eyes were bluish-grey, sparkling with mischief and he was very tall or maybe she felt that way, since she was only 5’3. Annoying and total stranger he was but there was no denying he was incredibly cute and handsome! And then she noticed the bow that slung on his shoulder...
“Who are you?” Kiara asked suddenly feeling suspicious and kind of scared.
You don’t find people roaming around with a bow and arrow.
“Do you really think I will tell you who am I? By your condition you look some kind of runaway….Are you a runaway?” he asked , getting very interested.
“Yes. No. I don’t intend to tell you that” she replied, very cautious of what she said.
“If we don’t tell each other anything then we will not come about each other” The boy said with a certain mockery in his voice, like he already knew who Kiara was.
“Listen! I don’t care to know you anymore than I do. So why don’t we go our separate ways now.” With that started to move away.
“Dryden.” Came boy’s voice.
And Kiara turned instinctively.
“What?”
“My name, Its Dryden” He said with a serious smile on his face.
The smile left Kiara a bit dazzled. After a while she answered carefully, “Kiara”.
“Kiara Wright?” So the boy, Dryden knew her.
“Umm…Yes! Why?”
Dryden give a kind of dangerous smile, revealing his dimple on right cheek as he stepped forward!
Present:
“Ouch! What was that for?” I yelled at him for the red arrow stunt.
But Dryden was looking around, scanning the place for some danger. His eyes were careful and body alert. It didn’t seem as if he was the one to throw that arrow at me.
“Come with me! Red Arrow…bad thing! Very Bad thing!”, he said, grabbing my arm.
My pulse quickened and blood rushed through me. Alec had held me million times  and I felt shy and desire but I never had this feeling before. I was warm inside now. Dryden does not have a good effect on me. I yanked out my hand.
“NO, I am not going anywhere with you. I don’t even know you and you look like …I don’t know what you look like but not trustworthy!” And I started taking steps backward.
Another red arrow shot right in front of my foot and a circle of fire formed around me! Terrified, I looked at Dryden. He shook his head at me and looked around as if formulating a plan. A stranger he might be, but right now his silver-blue eyes were like light of hope here.
I don’t even know how the fire circle burned around me. My body was somehow responding to the heat or something, because my knees were going weak, tired as hell they were after week of marathon. I felt the blood boil inside me and my legs give away. I stumbled on the ground. Though I was feeling very weak, but I had this weird urge to kill someone, to strangle someone to death. I clenched my fists tighter hurting my already injured palms.
I forced myself to look at Dryden to see what he was doing, my eyes burning with pain and heat. And I realised I was angry! I was very angry to look at Dryden.
“Are you sleeping there, and waiting for me get burned?” I yelled like I have never yelled at someone before, specially a cute guy.
But I was feeling so angry right now. I have never been angry in my life, I was kind of forgiving. I did  forgive Alec, how more forgiving can I be?
“Just try to breathe in and stay calm. Think of something you love most, someone close!” He said seemingly calm and unaffected by my unnatural anger.
And I was in pain, deathly pain, so I did what he said. I mean what was worse that can happen? I might die and right now this doesn’t sound a worst thing.  I closed my eyes and thought about Lila, her smile and how she was with me in almost everything I did, good or bad. And for some absurd reason vision of her dead body flashed in front of me! And I immediately felt angry for her death, rage fuelled inside me and I opened my eyes with a scream.
I was breathing heavily now. As I opened my eyes I saw Dryden doing some kind of ritual. Yes! That proved the boy was mad. I was stuck here in between the fire circle and he stood there with closed eyes and mumbling some words on his quiver filled with arrows.
“Dryden! What the hell!! Do something you jerk!” I yelled like he could help.
I didn’t even know him, for all I knew he might be the one doing all this. He might be a member of cult who sacrifices girls like this.
But someone knocked on his dead memory and he opened his eyes which sparkled blue then and I felt myself calming down.
“Come out! You don’t really want to mess with me. You are the least of your kind and I am afraid of you!” Dryden said to no one in particular.
At this moment, he looked like a warrior prince with his brave stance and good looks. My anger was going away, but the pain wasn’t instead I yelped in pain as the hot fire seared my knee.
“COME OUT!” Dryden yelled this time with certain desperation in his voice.
“Can’t you get me out?” I asked almost crying now, begging him
“No, sorry I can’t do that. I have to call for help” he said with reproachful look.
And I sat looking at his handsome self , no fear in his eyes. Something approached us from the inner part of forest.
We both turned to look at our new guest.
“Iraftar!” Dryden said, acknowledging the boy in front of him.
And looking at boy made me want to burst out , to explode like a bomb. I somehow held together as my eyes danced between Dryden and Iraftar , whoever he was. There was an aura of danger around him like no one could defy him. His eyes were a shocking color of amber and his hair ,  bronze red! Despite his weird eye and hair color the boy was handsome. He smiled as if with each smile a hundred could die (both charismatic and evil). He was of average height, shorter than Dryden who was really tall now as he stood against a boy.
His presence was causing me to throw up my blood was heating him so much inside me and my body was stiff with anger. I couldn’t stand a one on one of Dryden and the red –haired dude….so I cried out.
“First you two stupid people get me out of here! Or else I will kill you both…NOW!!” I could feel blood and anger rushing through my veins.
While Dryden turned to look at me with frustration and disapproval, Iraftar looked at me amused and somewhat glad. He flicked his long finger with a red gem on it and the fire around me died down. I fell down as if all the energy was snatched from me, before I could hit the ground or lose consciousness, Iraftar caught me.
I flinched, obviously. Dryden looked at me and Iraftar little wary, but he didn’t make a move.
“You are really as pretty as described! And look at you, anger is good for your skin. How beautifully colored they are now” he brushed back of his hand on my cheek and with all force I pushed him off.
His eye brows shot up in surprise!
“Attitude! Don’t show that to me. Wrath can destroy everything, however pretty the thing is” he threatened me in a calm voice.
“Why don’t you show some sense and get lost. You already have burned my knee” I growled though gritted teeth.
My instincts and Dryden’s eyes told me I should be careful but my insides refuse to get calm.
After a moment of glaring and staring, Iraftar said, “It was always nice to meet you Dryden. I have always liked you, your strong character. I wish your brother was like you too!”
“Don’t try such an old trick Iraftar, they do that in movies now! I don’t care about him anymore and you can’t make me angry with your cheap antics.” Dryden said with a disturbing calm and coolness.
A shadow of annoyance crossed Iraftar’s face, his eyes literally burned up. But in other instant, the proud smile returned to his handsome face and turning to me this time he said, “Till next time love!”
And vanished into thin air, drawing away all the anger from my body and my weak self gave away this time and fainted!








Comments

Popular Posts