Ch-5...


Ch-5
“You can’t fly or anything?” I asked Dryden, trying to focus on my surrounding which looked painfully familiar.
I heard his laughter, and felt myself vibrate. Then I realised he was holding my hand and his thumb pressed near my elbow vein. He was transferring something.
I have read enough fictional novels to know that when people vanish in thin air, or carry bow and arrow with them or when someone can have red hair and amber eyes and yet look amazing or when a boy with bluish –grey eyes outwardly handsome knows who you are and what you did and yet saves you....When all these happens, you are not in reality!
And I really expected Dryden to be some kind of brave warrior or something special, especially after his bravery display in front of red-haired dude! So I thought maybe he can magically move from one place to other or maybe even fly!
“What kind of human being fly? And what kind of books do you read?” He said grinning with amusement.
My vision was getting clear as he completed his process of whatever he was doing. I blinked multiple times to realise that I was in my school infirmary.
I jerked up.
“What are we doing here? I can’t be here. They all think I am insane murderer who killed her family for money!” I said with desperation and a lame attempt to get up.
Instantly I felt weak and wanted to throw up. Blood gushed in my head and I was about to hit the ground when Dryden caught me by my elbow and straightened me up.
“Try not to move for a while, you have a very unfortunate encounter with the Prince Of Wrath, Iraftar! He can really be a bad influence on someone as weak as you and that can eat up all your energy!” He said trying to explain me , rather with a gentle expression.
But I, I just fumed up!
“Weak! I am not weak.” I almost growled at him.
But he just smiled, “I know that and I didn’t meant in that way. I meant weak as in weak after running for so long and not having eaten and all properly for some time.”
I relaxed a bit. I could still feel my nerves banging inside my head, my whole body was shaking but my legs felt strong even when my mind was in a buzz. After a moment of silence, we both spoke up together.
I closed my mouth shut and said, breathing to calm myself, “You go on first!”
“Ah! No, Girls first”, he said with a calm, handsome face!
I stuck out my tongue at him, “How sexist!” And immediately regretted my mistake.
He laughed again, a very nice laughter.
“Ok then, Are you really what they say? Insane murderer and all that. You killed your sister and ran away?” He asked with a solemn expression.
My eyes became teary and I looked away, he already considered me weak, I don’t want to give him more reasons to think that. I tried to blink away my tears. And after I did, and thankfully he gave me enough time , I turned to face him.
“I loved my family, especially Lila, my younger sister. If I could reverse time and take their place, I would gladly do that. I just don’t want any money or even life!” My tears were deceiving me right now, flowing freely.
I didn’t bother to wipe them off. I was too tired to even pick up my hand to do so.
But Dryden caught me by surprise, he raised his hands and wiped away my tears. I flinched back and he immediately removed his hand, slightly embarrassed. I didn’t even knew why I did that. He was cute, no, what was I thinking he was incredibly gorgeous. I haven’t seen a better guy than him. His eyes was deep and honest like any other boy you will find, his face so artistic perfect as if he was a statue made by Michelangelo himself. And the best part was his hair, so black, like darkness and soft that it shook as he moved his head with it. It reached  to the nape of his neck, just the right length for a boy’s hair.
Maybe, maybe as much as I wanted to be part of a fiction novel and dreamt about the weird things in it, I wasn’t still so sure about everything. I mean my sister had died, I was a fugitive with no money, no home and with some kind of total stranger who went around with bows and arrows fighting Prince of..Wrath? What was that suppose to mean anyway?
Yes! I loved fantasy, but right now with so much pain my life I was so unsure...I was unsure about everything in my life!
And I didn’t even got the chance to my question because Dryden put a hand over my forehead. And even before I could respond or retort a white light emitted from his hand and I felt asleep, like I had no worries in my life...
One and half hours Later:
Even was feeling sleepy as he sat near the girl like on infirmary bed. Thank God it was evening an no one was here. Where else he would have taken her now? He knew that there might be some trap set up by Iraftar, He was the first legion, first warrior. And He never let his master down. Images of past battle formed in his mind and though it was many years ago, he winced. This time , he had the answer, the weapon they lacked before. This time he had the girl!
  He opened his eyes and looked at the girl. Her black hair , though dirty but beautiful fell like web around her. Her face was filthy yet she was delicate looking and pretty, prettier than even the princess back home. Conditions had turned her harsh and some what cold. Her brown eyes told him that she was once quiet a warm person. He didn’t believe when he was sent there to get the girl, but now after seeing the girl, he did. Even before the girl cried and told him about her innocence , he trusted her!

But did she trust him? In a way he wasn’t allowed to fall for her or even talk to her much. His job was to get her back to safety, to realm of his best friend. But he couldn’t help it. The flinch when he touched her was obvious she didn’t like him or even trusted him. And no one could blame her. Her parents were murdered, recently. And even he didn’t have any answers to who killed them! He was just a stranger whom she met and with him, another weirdo. How can he explain , Iraftar, his army and his power. And what importance of her in all this. She will not only freak out, but knowing her past few hours she might kick his ass and run away!
He smiled fondly remembering at the way she said that as if she really can beat up, him or Irfatar. Yet she said it full confidence in her voice and eyes. She so unlike other girls, maybe cruel life made her into this, but she was always like this from inside, because no matter what you can’t change your personality. And maybe it was her nature that brought her here, running and hiding from police , without money or food, just out to get revenge!
His warrior senses got alert, his ears pricked on hearing a voice of opening doors and some boys laughing. Boys in Locker Room after soccer practice. Dryden realised he had to leave.
True! He can’t fly but he can jump like no one else could! First he thought of waking up Kiara but looking at her bandaged knee and calm sleeping face, he dismissed this thought. He picked her up in his arms and was about to jump out of the window, the door burst open!
Present...after 2 hours!
“What?” I said still feeling sleepy.
“Wake up! Sleepy head. Atleast have a look where we are!” Dryden whispered in my ear.
His intimacy jerked me up and flushed I looked at him with a best furious expression I could muster. But as I realised we were out of infirmary and in a p-police car, my mouth dropped open in surprise.
“Where are we?” I asked shocked.
He shrugged calmly and said, “I thought you knew what this was, don’t you!”
I narrowed my eyes and glared at him for a bad joke at such a bad time! I decided not to reply. I struggled on my seat and in my hand-cuffs which were kind of hurting. Dryden grabbed my head and looked at me annoyed.
“Are you self destructive? Stop fidgeting in your cuffs, they will hurt!” He said, seriously looking outside as if we were on a long drive and he was enjoying the view.
I immediately stopped as if his annoyance mattered. But somehow his blue eyes looked dangerous when he was angry like he would stop at nothing to kill. He seemed like a warrior to me. I turned to look away for him, and looked outside instead. At my birth place which considered me a criminal, at my school outside which we were standing with various reporters. I sighed and was about to turn around , when I saw Alec and my heart dropped.
Maybe Dryden was following my gaze because he asked, “Who is he?”
I mumbled , no one!
And his eyebrow went up, as if questioning silently.
“He is Alec ‘royal ass’  Farrell. My ex-boyfriend. He-he dumped me when I became  famous as a notorious criminal. I thought he loved me more than that.” A dark non-humorous laugh.
And I noticed with a certain gladness after a long time when a look of deadly rage past on Dryden’s face. But he controlled it and I saw his fists clenched tight.
“You are so above him! He is kind of ugly” He said.
And laughed, really laughed. Alec was anything but ugly.
“Don’t laugh, I didn’t mean his looks. I meant his inner self. He was the one who came in infirmary and reported us to police.” He said with pure hate.
“And he was able to capture both of us? Alec alone, and I thought you were some kind of hero!” My incredulous tone didn’t affect him instead he grinned.
“Hero, huh. That sounds really good!”
I groaned at his frustrating personality. He could have killed Alec with his jokes only.
“Alec wasn’t alone, he was with his soccer team. And ..well..you in my arms, asleep wasn’t a good thing instead. So when he saw us like that he kind of got furious and called his father, which you might know is Sheriff. I couldn’t show my powers here can I? But you know that, that is how it happens in book you read.” He said in a careless tone as if going to jail was something he did for fun.
I had million questions, like how did he cure her, or what powers was he talking about or where was he planning on taking her rendering her unconscious. But I asked a question that was probably bugging me the most.
“What was I doing in your arms...asleep?” I know I was blushing and furiously too and my stupid cosmetic allergic sensitive skin showed that.
Dryden bent down, his smile dangerous yet amazing , he said, “I was just trying to run away with a damsel in distress!”
My heart stopped., as he leaned closer.
“H-Hi! How are you Kiara?” Alec was standing at the window.
I snapped out of trance of Dryden and he moved away, not embarrassed or anything but with a weird smile, I couldn’t decipher.
“Alec..umm...are you blind? I am sitting in a police car. Arrested for something I didn’t do. I lost my family and friends . I have no home and possibly I maybe in for lot of media drama and bad name in state...I am ok I think, what do you think?” That was so unlike me, I was still angry, my anger haven’t faded after meeting Prince of Wrath, maybe it was effect on meeting him. He bought anger with him...but then how was Dryden so cool?
Alec was surprised and kind of hurt. How dare he look hurt? After a minute of silence he said, “Just so you know, I did call my father. But not to report you but him. I trust you and will always do. I love you...but I can’t say it because my father is the Sheriff of the town” .
I was stunned! He did loved me. And the way he said ‘him’, he clearly was jealous of him. But my anger was not letting me think clearly, and I said, hurting him even more, “Then you don’t know what love is Alec, if you can’t support your partner when no one else is there to help her!”
And I turned away my head. Dryden was about to say something when Sheriff got into the car and gave his son a silent stare which made him turn away and go. I couldn’t justify my anger even when Alec had told me that he loved me.
“Mr. Farrell? Will you keep us in jail?” I asked trying to control my urge to shout.
I was fine with Dryden but with others I was getting edgy.
“What do you expect me to do now, dear?” He said in a sad tone.
I was about to give some other smart comment, when Dryden caught me cuffed wrist and shook my head at me indicating to shut up. I don’t know what he saw in my eyes, but he took the bag I was carrying with me and looked into it....
A wave of shock and sudden sickness ran throw me as he pulled out a gem with a frown.
The red gem, Iraftar was wearing on his finger came out from my bag!

Comments

Popular Posts