Seoul Diaries - DAY 2 (Myeong-dong and NSeoul Tower)


My day 2 began early because I was excited to start my trip. We had a quick breakfast, took a bath and my airbnb had the most amazing shampoo with a tinge of vanilla smell so I was happy with that. I had my BTSxPuma Turin shoes on since I bought them just for the trip.


And since they were white I have never worn them before scared that they might get dirty. Our first stop is Myeong-Dong. Now a travel trip for people, to reach anywhere in Korea there is a very efficient subway system so download KakaoMetro app and you can check out stations and trains easily. It's in English so there will be no problem.

Hongik University(my station) to Myeong-Dang was 20 minutes travel with metro with a line change. Since it's so easy to navigate through the app you will not get lost 99% of the time. Most of the metro stations are shopping place as well, these two were no different.

But the first thing I saw on Hongik University station was, Jeon Jungkook's Birthday Ad. (cue the fangirl mode).

Yeah, so my parents a little surprised to see me freaking out over a birthday ad. Anyway, we finally boarded the train and with ease reached our destination that is Myeong-Dong. It's a freaking huge beautiful market.  I will write a post about top 10 things to do in Myeongdong because I can't write everything here.

The first stop I had in mind was Line Friends Store but I didn't find it immediately. Before that, I came across a lot of pretty stores but since I am not into cosmetics and make-up products, in general, I didn't walk in. One of the prettiest looking stores is Etude House and the Nature Republic. 






I didn't go to Etude House but I did walk in the Nature Republic.

TIP: Walk in the Nature Republic opposite Uniqlo and go to 3rd floor, you will find the Music Korea and all the dream CD collections.

I bought myself the albums of BTS I didn't own since I needed to complete the collection and buying from here saved the shipping fees.



PS I found Kim Taehyung's favorite burger place.



Since we were here in the morning/afternoon time most of the food stalls were not set up but there is this 32-inch ice cream which is recommended just because it's pretty and creamy and HUGE!



Also, it's almost impossible to cover all Myeongdong in a day because it's a huge market and you want to stop at almost every shop just because the interior is calling out. Next, I stopped at Olive Young because it was recommended by my friend and also BT21 had a collab product with them. First thing I noticed was BT21 stuff and naturally, I picked up a thing to buy but I had to restrain myself since I was saving up for Concert Merch.



But even after that I bought myself a hand cream.



And few other things like a handfan, hand cream and lemon wipes and even the containers are super pretty. Olive Young is a huge store with a lot of useful stuff to buy but you have to be a smart buyer and not give in to temptation.

Walking around I came across Mediheal and VT Cosmetics which is both marketed by BTS so obviously, fangirl mode back again. I didn't get myself anything yet besides some pictures because my mom was in love with the market and decided we needed to come back again.




I was getting thirsty by the time so I wanted to get myself a drink and ended up getting Jungkook's favorite banana milk, lol.



Then finally while we were going to the Tourist Information center I found the Line Freinds. Just to torture my soul I went inside but didn't buy again because I thought I had one in Hongdae where I was living and I could get from there. But important notice everyone, Myeong-Dong BT21 is most stocked one and you will get almost everything while on another lot of the things I wanted was sold out. It was a mistake but I came back later so it's fine.



Our next stop was N Seoul Tower since you see it so many K-Dramas and my dad was adamant on going there because he is all about scenic beauty. We got the travel information from the Tourist Info Centre. It's just walking distance from exit 6 to the Pacific Hotel.

But here comes the lucky opportunity. My mom and I were tired as hell so we casually walked in a CU near the Pacific Hotel and I spotted the BTSxCoke bottles which were sold out most of the locations I went so far. Here last two bottles were left and I almost yelled in excitement so I immediately bought them.



Happy with it we all started climbing a steep path all the way up to the N Seoul Tower to get the tickers for the trolley that took us up. And damn it is a tough walk and walking all the day long it was killing my thighs but the path to the top is beautiful. Watch out for the wall graffitis since its really photogenic. After walking for almost 15-20 minutes straight we reach the ticket counter for N Seoul Tower.



The tickets for Nseoul Tower is 8000 won for a person but that doesn't' include going to the ultimate top of the NSeoul Tower. We travel through a wire trolley to reach the top which is a fun ride and since it was windy the Trolley was a bit shaky but I love these things so I enjoyed it. Also, they were playing BTS songs in the trolley (talk about feeling proud).

Now reaching the top we climbed a few stairs to get to the location of love locks where there are thousands or more locks put up by couples. The view from there is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I can't put it in words so I hope the picture would suffice. We just sat down there for a while and enjoyed the views.




Climbing higher the view just let gets better. There is a gift/souvenir shop, a mini olive young and some eating places. After getting another ticket for 10000 won each we got up higher and there is another souvenir shop which has the best chocolates. A little bit pricey but recommended to buy since I couldn't find them elsewhere they are this little chocolate cubes and not the slabs they sell at Nseoul.

Also, there are Tshirts, glass globes and other typical souvenir stuff. I just got myself the chocolates and nothing else since things were slightly pricey up there.

We spent a lot of time at Nseoul Tower because it was so photogenic and eye-pleasing and since it was getting cold and windy, the weather was so nice we didn't want to leave.



When we came back from the tower it was almost dark and we were tired as well. But I did want to show my mom the Art Box because she loves buying souvenier for everyone possible and there is nothing better than ArtBox to buy souvenirs.




It has all the things from cute keychains, plushies, handmade stuff, creams, stationery etc. I would recommend it to everyone.

Finally, our day ended and since it was night time now, the food stalls were all set. Myeong Dong is crazy famous for street food so in whatever direction you go you can smell delicious food. We did get ourselves a few things but I was too hungry and tired to take a photo.

Going back to the station I spotted another amazing thing.




Day 2 ended happily on the note of seeing Min Yoongi. We reached home almost at nine thirty and we were exhausted. We had dinner, took a shower and I didn't even realize when I drifted to sleep.






Comments

Popular Posts