Seoul Diaries - DAY 1 (Incheon Airport and Hongdae)

I always wanted to start a travel blog because I honestly love sharing my travel stories. So far I have not been to many places but the few times I have travelled I wish I could do it more often.
To start this journey let me tell you that I have been a HUGE fan of BTS (Bangtan Sonyeondan or Beyond the Scene) for a long time now, from end of 2015 to be exact so my ultimate dreams include two stops: One is Florida to the Harry Potter Universal Studio park and second is a BTS concert.

Since Florida was not in my budget yet so I decided to save up for Korea instead. And trust me saving up is way harder than you can imagine. My love for BTS kept me going.

After saving up for almost a year, I was all set but the struggle is getting BTS concert tickets. It's next to impossible and me, my brother, my friend and my other friend from US, lol so many people were involved and after struggling for a crashed server for almost an hour I did manage to get a ticket.

I am so excited because this was honestly a miracle. I could see the seats vanishing in front of me while so many of us were trying to get the tickets. Credits go out to my friend in US for the miracle.

Once this impossible task was done. Next came booking an AirBnB. Hongdae is known as the best spot for tourist to stay since it's a super lively area and a lot of busking happens there. But I would get into that later.

Let's start with how cheap and awesome my airbnb was. Since I was going with my family I needed a big apartment which can accommodate four people. I got one with an awesome location, rooftop garden and a great helpful host.

https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/21209030?euid=dc41bad2-c2e7-9374-58d3-9984af46ca95

This was my airbnb and it looked absolutely gorgeous and homely.





And it was less than 500 USD for a whole week for a complete family.

Next was buying airtickets which is simple so I will skip that step. Visa for Korea arrives in 5-7 working days while you can apply for instant Visa which takes just a day. Since I had lot of time on my hands I went for the normal Visa.

Once I got my Visa the time was moving too slowly since I was super excited to go. One of my things on my dream list was going to happen so I was literally counting days. I had my backpack all ready for this trip.



My flight was at 2:20am and I love travelling at night so I was not feeling sleepy at all. I had that jittery feeling in my stomach by the time I reached the airport and completed my check-in process. I couldn't sleep through my flight of seven hours just because excitement wouldn't let me so I watched some random movies through the travel. It was one in the afternoon in Seoul, South Korea when we landed.


 Since I was tired from sitting for seven hours straight and add the sleepless travel, we rushed to airbnb. The best thing about travelling from the Airport to Hongdae(where our airbnb was) is a direct metro line (KTX trains) which you don't have to transfer or anything. We reached Hongdae (Hongik University station) in 54 minutes. and had to walk for some 5-7 minutes till we found our temporary home in Seoul.

Seoul is a beautiful place and I can't put in words but it's like no matter wherever you stand, its click-worthy. While the place where I was living was a great place to be: with shopping area, clubs, a lot of food outlets and especially the busking. Also, I found this amazing pizza place near my living area named Pizza Up. It had such an eye-catching decor and their NY Cheese Pizza is recommended (HIGHLY)!


We did nothing much on the first day except roaming around near our home and checking out few CU's which 24/7 convenience stores and get amazed at all the snacks they sell. Also, I found this super cute shop which was calling out my name for a visit.

Day 1 ended too soon but I was excited for coming seven days I had here to spend.



Comments

Popular Posts