Seoul Diaries DAY- 3 (Ilsan Lake Park and Jamsil Stadium)

24th August 2018.

To say the least, I was SUPER EXCITED. Let me start by saying today's place was recommended by none other than Kim Namjoon. He is born in Ilsan and would post several pictures of him visiting Ilsan Lake Park and I always wanted to see it for myself. So we woke up a little earlier since Ilsan is another city and we have to take a direct metro from Seoul which takes 45 minutes. Also, there is a line change on the orange line so that also consumes times since stations are huge and we have to walk around quite a bit.

We have to get down at the jeongbalsan station. Now amazing thing happened here. My father's metro card had no balance left so I went inside the nearest store inside the station to get metro card recharge and I spotted. Cold Brew BTS bottles. Again,  I couldn't find it anywhere near me as they were sold out but this was a miracle and I found two
members bottles [Jimin and V] there. Without any hesitation I bought them and they look like artwork. I will share the pictures when I will have all of them since I clicked a picture on my last day.

By the time I got out, it was slightly drizzling. I don't like rain but I was too excited to think anything else. Reaching Ilsan Lake park from the station is a mere 5-minute walk and there is a direction board that helps you reach there easily.

But Ilsan in itself is a beautiful city, it's away from the Seoul crowd and it's kind of more green and peaceful or that is how I felt.






Even as we walk by the place is pretty and photogenic. There a marketplace in between with a lot of eating outlets and trendy clothing store but I was short on time and I had to reach Ilsan Lake Park, visit Hallyu Museum in that area and come back by four and reach Jamsil Stadium to start queueing up for the BTS Concert Merch (EEEEP!)

The park in itself is huge and trust me it will take a lot of time to cover the place because you want to click pictures at every single point. It's peaceful and it's a great spot even if you are coming alone. It is filled with greenery and then there is a themed garden with ornamental kind of decorations, lamp, Cinderella's pumpkin carriage and other pretty things. Honestly, you require a whole day to cover the park and actually enjoy it. Because in the evening they have a light festival/show as well which I missed but I stayed there for about four hours and still felt like I should have stayed more.

It's just so pretty and I will recommend to take a day and visit this place. It's worth your time.





Now that you have the general idea of how pretty it was , let me tell all the while the photos are clicked it was drizzling and I was the least bit bothered by the rain even though even a drop of rain on me is annoying.







 





As time was running out I quickly crossed the bridge
and check out the MBC studios and Drama Park where a lot of dramas are filmed and I bet there will be a celeb inside but I moved ahead to find Hallyu Museum where you can find a lot of good things like K-Drama CDs and K-pop CDs and mini sets created from dramas and costume replicas. Also they give out free Kpop album to foreigners so go check it out!








It was 4:30 by the time I was done and I had no time to go back to my place, freshen up or change into something comfortable so I had to buy quick nutri bars, sandwich, and a chocolate milk before going to the Jamsil Stadium. There I was supposed to meet a mutual from Twitter and we were planning to camp out together. By 5:15 I was at the Sports Complex Stadium from exit 6 the Jamsil Stadium is the closest but when I reached there even the station was filled with ARMYs.

My excitement was increasing each minute and on seeing so many ARMYs gathered together with banners, wearing same PumaxBTS shoes and ready for camping I felt amazing. First thing I noticed when I stepped out of the Jamsil Stadium six was an adorable JK Birthday Ad.



And then multiple food stalls, mat sellers, umbrella sellers and also many armys selling photocards, bag tags and other BTS related stuff.

I was officialy in the line by 5:20pm  but even though I was super early we had almost 400-500 people before us. Now camping for the concert is a whole experience and I can't share it all in this post since it will be super long. So let's keep it for the next blog post.

Also feel free to ask me about travel tips or anything if you are planning to visit any time soon.







Comments

Popular Posts