Wings of Desire Ch-5



Songs written about,
Dreams dreamt about,
Reason for a genuine smile,
He is my passion now.
FREYA
My room felt like heaven after the torture I went through at school. And unfortunately I was stuck with Evan for the rest of my semester. I could always refuse him to his face but he was Evan and I knew him well enough that he will not back off this easily.
  Or I get Batman to be my boyfriend and then ask him to deal with all this. None of this was going to happen so I was trapped for a while.
Tired as hell I buried myself in bed and tried to get some sleep. It came but with it came the nightmares.
I was running and it was pitch dark, I couldn’t see yet I had a sense of direction so I ran. It was an empty lane and by the amount of darkness, it was moonless night. I heard a cruel laughter and I felt my insides sink. I was terrified and my pace quickened. My legs were sore and I felt short of breath.
Suddenly I was in a forest, I couldn’t see but I tripped over a protruding root. I winced and felt something warm trickle down my knee. I was bleeding. I wanted to cry but was too busy for it. I kept running. The cruel laughter boomed again.
“You cannot hide forever.” A voice said in darkness.
I swallowed a scream as far in darkness I saw violet eyes.
Before I could know whether violet eyes were my death or life, I woke up from my nightmare gasping for breath.
I was sweating and it was end of January, still winter. For how long was I going to have nightmares I had no idea, but I think if I shared my fears with someone or at least I get the proof of my violet eyes, I could survive.
Gratefully it was six in the morning so I don’t have to bother to sleep again. I just sat there and looked at my room. Maroon coloured walls with arts and crafts stuff I created. A small white shelf in the right corner and a wardrobe besides. Shelf was filled with books I loved and poetry books. That was pretty much all besides a large, equal to my height teddy, which Evan gave me while we were dating.
Unlike Evan, I was quiet attached to the teddy bear.
I decided to finally get up and start preparing the breakfast. It was my turn. My mother and I took turns since my sister was married. And it was my stupid idea, now I regret it. I heard my sister throwing up as soon as I came down. Worried I went to her.
“Morning sickness, I will be fine.” She said with a weak smile.
Her eyes indicated she haven’t slept in a while, she looked tired but still happy. I was not getting the feeling.
“Want me to make something for you?” I asked her as I began with my cooking skills.
“No, I don’t think I could eat for a while. I am feeling nauseous.” She said thinking something.
I smiled at her confused expression.
She sat down and observed me.
“Where is mom?” I asked.
“Still asleep. Why are you up this early?” She asked sounding concerned.
“Oh, nothing. Just audition for school play and I wanted to be prepared.” I lied with conviction.
Brenna was taking part in the play, I was not. But I couldn’t tell her the truth.
She nodded and didn’t ask unnecessary questions, I was relieved.
After I was done with work I took a bath and got ready for school as slowly as possible. I had lot of time to kill. I put on a light purple sweater with black jeans. My carry on item was a parka. Since I had time left, I went through the play details. It was about a princess being married to a prince she never met just for merger of Kingdoms. It was the purest form of cliché.
After few minutes Brenna arrived and I left with a half-hearted good-bye to my mother and sister.
I dreaded another day at school. This could not continue, I couldn’t live in fear of facing each day when it was something I had to do daily. But my courage was shattered by Evan’s behaviour. Relationship was something I wanted to avoid and also vengeful ex-girlfriends like Cara.
“You look worse than yesterday. What happened?” Brenna asked, gratefully tuning down the song hurting my ear drums.
“Just Stressed, nothing else. And nightmares.” I told her the summarised version and she nodded.
But the concerned look in her eyes remained.
“I will be fine, promise. When is Hazel coming back from her shopping trip?” I asked, trying to divert her attention from me.
“Today most probably. She already ditched school on first day.” Brenna replied.
“I want to take part in something Brenna, I want to stay busy and forget every sad thing.” I finally said out loud.
“I would say you could join the drama but auditions are today and you are not prepared. And you already a part of newspaper team. What else?” She explained.
I nodded weakly, she was right. I just had to pay attention to classes. I was taking AP for most of them so it would not be difficult to stay busy.
Brenna chirped about the horror movie she and her boyfriend saw last night and like a true friend I tried to listen spacing out a couple of times. I couldn’t shake the bad feeling since morning; it was one of those feeling depressed days.
“Have you seen him yet?” Hazel greeted us with bear hugs and it felt good.
She was the group diva, with silverish blonde hair and blue eyes she was like Barbie. Her figure was perfect and so was her face. She was beautiful and only reason I and Brenna were socially alive. Today she was dressed in black skirt and grey knitted top with a black camisole underneath. It was paired with black knee-length boots. She was looking like a model out of magazine cover.
“Good to see you too, Hazel.” Brenna said grinning at her.
“Yeah, yeah now have you seen him? He is the perfect boyfriend material. God! I have to seduce him.” Hazel was acting all... Hazel like and Brenna and I shared a look.
“Who are you talking about?” I finally asked not quiet interested to know.
Like I said she had a new crush every season.
“The new guy! And I thought you were here first and I missed a day.” Hazel frowned at us for having zero gossip knowledge.
“Fine, he arrived only after you did. Now can we get a name?” Brenna said accepting defeating.
“I don’t know. But there he is, Mr. Hoxy-Hot and Sexy” She said sounding all dreamy.
Trust Hazel to come up with an epithet for a boy.
I turned away from my locker to look at the boy and gasped loudly.
My friends looked at me surprised ...But no one was more shocked or surprised or numb than me.
Owner of my violet eyes was in front of my eyes.




Comments

Popular Posts