Wings of Desire Ch-7



Like a silver lining,
In the storm of clouds,
He was an answer,
To my endless prayers.

FREYA                       
It was him. My violet eyes. I was not that straight forward to look into his eyes directly or even at him all through the chem class. But with reaction of girls around including my committed best friends, he was gorgeous. And yes, he was, more than gorgeous. He was angelic, painting perfect. He was a girl’s dream boy. He was tall, with excellent physique accompanied with messy dark brown hair resting carelessly yet perfectly on his forehead. And then there were his violet eyes.
He was good at studies too. He was too good to be true. It took me whole chemistry class to gather up courage to ask him again about if we have met before.
First I thought he was too chatty and trying to impress Ms. Tanya, like she needed to be impressed anymore. But then when he said something about saving me, I realised.
He was preventing Ms. Tanya to reach me for asking questions. How did he know I was bad at chem? Was my doodling with pen a giveaway of my nervousness? Nevertheless, I hated being humiliated and he saved me from that.
I was grateful but when I came face to face with him after the class and his eyes, I couldn’t help it.
I blurted out my question with absolute desperation. I will later kick myself for weirding out a total handsome guy but I had to know if he was actually owner of my violet eyes? He was not an imagination; he was there that horrible night.
And even though I didn’t knew him and his has eyes haunted me for too long, oddly I felt very secure in his presence, like he would not only take chem questions on my behalf but any other vicious thing that comes my way.
Yeah, I know I had these asinine instincts now and then.
The look in those eyes mystified me, like I was not only familiar to him but also he cared for me. I had to force myself to stop thinking that way. This boy was way out of my league and I preferred being alone.
The question I asked surprised him a little but more than that he was worried, why?
After a moment he said in voice that could capture your mind and heart, “I wish I had met you before, but no we haven’t met before. And eyes like mine are rare not nonexistent.”
The way he said it felt he was not lying but not telling the truth either. Is it possible? I guess whatever he spoke with that voice and face sounded like a prayer.
“If you say so.” I muttered and turned away to leave.
I became conscious that I was alone with this boy in the class and that I will be late for my next if I stayed there.
“You never answered me about if you need my help with chemistry?” He asked behind me sounding amused.
“If situation gets out of hand I will tell you then.” I answered as diplomatically as possible and left the classroom.
I sighed in relief, it was one intense conversation.
Next day I noticed Alexander was not in my Biology class, maybe he disliked it and since we had no Chem is didn’t see him and I felt miserable for some reason.
I can’t be love sick after a meeting?
It was a week of pure misery and then I saw him. Where was he all these days?
I made way to another class, one I actually liked, Maths.
Surprising myself I really hoped that Alexander will be in my next class. He was first guy after the accident around whom I didn’t squirm.
Mr. Isleton was a middle aged, really good natured, plump looking math teacher. He constantly joked around and was student friendly. I liked him as well as his subject. I will be seating with Brenna again.
“Freya, what was that all about?” Brenna asked as soon as I sat next to her and we waited for Mr. Isleton.
“What?” I asked feigning ignorance though I knew what she was talking about.
“Mr. ‘Hoxy’ Alexander, he was acting like he knew you. Actually more than knew you, like he was your ex or something who wanted you back. I do not remember you dating someone that stunning.” She complained and I shrugged in reply.
She gave a defeated sigh; she knew it was impossible of getting something out of me unless I am willing. She had been nagging me since she saw Alexander play my white knight.
“Seriously, Bren, I have never met him before. You think I would keep meeting a guy like him a secret.” I explained and still a little unsure, she shook her head in agreement.
“Hazel is freaking out. And she is proud of you and she thinks he was a Greek god. That would be all she asked me to tell you.” Brenna recited what Hazel wanted to tell me.
Hazel hated maths and she was obviously not taking AP like me and Brenna did.
“What do you think about him?” Brenna asked excitedly.
I was not ready to discuss about him with Brenna, he was hot but he was so much more I couldn’t explain yet and I was not in a mood to do so.
“Ew, Brenna. We are not turning Cara and discuss boys are we.” I said giving her a devious smile.
Brenna shook her head and grinned back. Before I could manage to get back to normal, Evan came to me.
Why was Mr. Isleton not coming?
“Babe, you are going to ask Ms. T to change your chemistry partners. I don’t like you sitting with that new guy. I don’t like to share my girl.” He said smiling at me like an invitation.
I don’t know where the courage came from but it came to I said to him, “First of all Evan, you dumped me not the other way round.  Secondly, I don’t want to get back together and finally never again call me babe. In short Evan I am not asking Ms. T to change anything.”
And I accepted silently to myself, I wanted Alexander as my partner.
What was happening to me?
Evan looked stunned and after few moments he regained his ‘cool’ composure and said gripping my wrist to tightly for my comfort, “I will not give up Freya, I have no idea what came over me to break up with you. But now I want you back. Once I want something, I have it. You know me that much don’t you babe.”
He was trying to irritate me to death. Before I could come up with an apt response, he came to my defence.
“Girl said she wants nothing to do with you, leave her alone.” Alexander threatened Evan with so much intensity and seriousness that even I was scared.
His violet eyes emitted hate and anger which looked misplaced since Evan and Alexander didn’t even knew each other. But Alexander was so intimidating then that Evan back down and muttering something to himself he made his way out.
He was not an AP math student but imagine my ‘surprise’ and contentment that Alexander was.
With look on Alexander’s face he would have gone after Evan but Mr. Isleton walked in late as usual and Alexander took a seat right behind me.
“Sorry class I was late, I forgot where I kept my notes and I was taking a nap.” He said good-naturedly and everyone laughed.
“Oh and I see a new face.” He noticed Alexander and every eye turned to him.
Alexander stood up and was giving a dazzling smile.
“Tell me your name boy?” Mr. Isleton asked.
“Alexander, sir.” He answered respectfully.
“Alexander before I welcome you in my class, you have to prove that you deserve to be in my class.” He said and then wrote an integration question on board.
Alexander walked gracefully to the board and it took him less than two minutes to solve the question and come up with right answer.
“Welcome aboard Alex.” Mr. Isleton said and for some reason winced. Alex was so not his name.
 “Sir, I prefer Xander.” He said like an answer to my wince.
I could feel in his staring at my back.
“Then Xander it is.”
Xander, I spoke his name in my head. It had a nice ring to it. His presence was like fresh air and I could comfortably breathe again. Was I getting lovesick? That can’t be, I am a strict no love person.

Comments

Popular Posts