Day 30: Never Fading

Me and myself,
and my nervous heart.
My low confidence,
tendency to easily give up!
My trembling laughter,
uncomfortable talk.
Unclear mind ,
And jumbled thoughts.
I remember,
I used to stutter!
My self esteem was down,
No support was to be found.
I was looking for encouragement,
To pull me out of silent reverie...

Lesson I learned,
Teaching I was taught.
Engraved in my mind.
I followed them religiously,
Believing nothing could go wrong.
But nothing was true,
I gradually learned truth of life.
Of the bitter reality,
Of the unending strife.
About the deceiving world,
And prevailing injustice.
And I remember,
when I thought that if you did anything bad,
 policemen would put you in jail.
But never did anyone tell me,
And what was considered bad,
And who all policemen took away...

And , I remember,
saying thank you in reply to thank you,
And other people doesn't know what to say.
I was courteous and humble,
A type which doesn't survive.
I smiled even when I hated,
And nodded even when I disagreed.
The world was surprised , 
To see the naive me.
That thank you,
was never replied with same.
A welcome was expected instead.
And people staring , speechless,
I changed my way of behavior,
And turned from selfless to egoistic.

And I remember, 
trying to be better.
Trying to prove myself...
But now I know,
Nothing makes a mark,
Unless you have your confidence.
Unless you know that,
teaching you have,
memories you preserve...
Should Never fade!!!

Note:  Just wrote what came to my mind...


Comments

Popular Posts