Untitled Story

Chapter 1:


I tied up the lace of my sneakers and measured up my opponents. It has always been like this, the competition, the race-track, grumbling girls who worried too much about make-up and me being the winner! It might sound like I am bragging, but I was not.
“On you mark. Get. Set. GO!”, Our instructor Mr. Bowman yelled. I decided to give my competitors a head start. I was tired of being looked with contempt and disgust when I win every race. 
“Do you need a special invitation Wright!”, Mr Bowman asked annoyed at me.
I sighed. No I didn’t need anything special. What I needed to be normal and blend in. I wanted to have everything I had before.
3 months earlier (time everything changed)

“Honey! Alec is here to pick you up for the dance.” Kiara’s mother called out.
“I’ll be down in a minute!”, She said as she admired herself in the mirror.
The purple dress looked royally perfect on her Caucasian skin and raven black hair then went right down to her hips. The neck line was not deep , but nice enough to make her look sexy. And on top of everything, Alec Mason was here to pick her up. The most gorgeous guy on this planet! Her deep brown eyes sparkled with joy.
“Kiara, darling you look absolutely stunning!”, Her mother exclaimed as she came down the stairs like a princess.
And she had to laugh, because besides the pretty dress and high heels nothing was different about her. She haven’t applied any make-up even though she was dying to , since she was allergic to all that stuff, even lip-gloss made her throw up. Her hair needed no change, they were perfect as it is and Alec loved them that way.
“Mrs. Wright! Your daughter looks gorgeous!”, My father said with praise in his voice as he looked at his daughter from his spectacles.
Her boyfriend was too pleased to utter a word. His eyes said everything as he pinned the corsage on her dress and kissed his cheek. Talk about gentleman behaviour in front of parents!
Mr and Mrs. Wright were the richest people in town and 4th richest in state. And they had two daughters, very beautiful, Kiara and Lila, aged 17 and 14 repectively. Both were princesses of the town with rich parents and good-looks! Though they were rich people but also very kind to needy and poor. They had given many dollars to charity and social betterment of people.
“If you haven’t noticed, you look ravishing!”, Alec said in a low romantic voice, colouring up the fair skin of Kiara easily.
“And what about yourself. I don’t want girl’s eyeing you in the dance”, she said, complementing back.
And Alec bent down and passionately kissed Kiara.
Kiara was so sure Alec loved her, and will love her, forever and ever!
---------------
She had many friends at school, no one was close or best friends with her. They were just friends or pretended to be one since she was rich and popular. Only real friend she had was her 3 years younger sister. She was shy at first but made friends and joined groups, she specially loved her track team and enjoyed running in a race. Felt like leaving the world behind. And surprisingly for a slim and delicate looking girl like her, she was fast enough to beat the boys track team, let alone the girl’s one.
Her so called friends came towards her as she entered the beautifully decorated gym hall.
“Hey Kiara, Alec!”, Tina said, clearly trying to get Alec’s attention.
Tina was on track team, and it was surprise to everyone . Since she hated sweating and getting her make-up destroyed. She was tall for age, dirty brown hair and grey eyes. It made her looked kind of evil but pretty.
A smile played across Kiara’s face when she noticed that Alec paid attention only to her.
“Hey Tina, Marie. You guys look amazing!”, Kiara faked the appreciation.
She was never the one to insult or say outright rude things to people. And she was getting good at feigning happiness and appreciation now.
“Well look who is talking. And what about you Ms. Wright?” Tina giggled in a very annoyingly girlish manner.
“Thank you!”, was all Kiara could muster. She was bad with small talks and specially compliments people didn’t even mean.
A soft music played in the gym, Alec grabbed her hand almost dragging her away from Tina and Marie who looked kind of offended. And they both started swaying to the music. Alec was perfect! With silver greyish blonde hair and blue eyes, he looked adorable. She looked into his eyes who admired her in a sweet romantic way.
She was lost in the moment when suddenly there was a announcement for her.
“Kiara Wright. You are requested to meet your sister at the gate. It’s urgent.”
She immediately detached herself from Alec and without a hesitation she left.
“Do you want me to come with you?” Alec asked , worried.
“No, it might be nothing. Just a little girl problem or something.” She said, her voice shaking.
But she was worried like hell. She loved her sister and knew that her sister was the silent and shy type. She couldn’t call until it was hell freezing over...
She hurried across the hallway, her stilettos making an awful amount of noise in silence around. She could see her sister standing near the school gate. Seeing her destination made her go even faster.
“What the in the name of God happened to you!”, She sounded freaked out even to herself.
And she was, Lila’s clothes were smeared with blood stains.
“Kiara-Ki-“, She was sobbing miserably now.
“What is it ? Tell me. NOW!”, Kiara almost shrieked out the last part growing desperate.
She gripped her sister’s holder tight, to re assure her and stop her shaking badly.
After a moments silence she choked out the words, “Kiara, Mom and Dad....are no more! Someone-mur-murdered them!”
The words were enough to hit Kiara like a bolt and she fainted right on spot!
Next thing she knew, she was in her room. Their maid Greta, and cook Charles were sitting with her. And all she could think was…God! Let it be a dream!

---------
Present-
So that brings you all to present. Where I am no more popular or pretty or anything good.
What happened after that dreadful night were no fingerprints or any struggle mark was there in the house. I heard police talking about slit throats of my parents. Since there was no evidence against anyone, I was called for questioning.
“Ms Kiara. We are incredibly sorry for your lose!”, The officer said.
I nodded, unable to utter a word. I was broken right now!
“Do you know of any enemies of your parents? Or someone who might want to take over your family fortune?”
I wanted to shut him and up and tell him to stop asking such a cliché questions. But I couldn’t so I just refused my eyes still blurry due to tears.
“No, after my parents death, the money and everything goes to me legally!”, I murmured, making the biggest mistake of my life.
His eyes showed some weird understanding as I said so. 
And later I realised that the understanding was that, I , for the love of huge family fortune and in greed might have killed my parents. It was as ridiculous as it sounds. I loved them, more than myself and they weren’t torturing me that I had to kill them to get their money. They got me what I asked for. 
My younger sister was in shock! She didn’t talk to me after that night. She trusted me but she was sad. I didn’t blame her, I wanted to be alone too right now. But the fucking police wouldn’t allow any peace. For an entire month they tortured me mentally, by not allowing me to view my parent’s dead body or attending their funeral. I yelled and cried and turned into a freak! But as they found no evidence against me, they had to let me go. 
After a month when I was back home I had to go through the torture of signing and stuff by bazillion lawyers at my doorstep. Each night I cried in pain and frustration, buried my head in pillow and silently shrieked out my hopelessness. And then each new day I will wake up, wait for the nightmare to end, realising it was not a dream I moved on. My sister started talking to me, like once in 3 days. But it was a relief, to hear her voice. To know that someone of my own was alive.
Meanwhile Alec or Tina or Marie never called. After grieving over my parents , over my tortured self, over my silent sister and power of attorney in my name I went to school. Not thinking that it had turned into hell from heaven for me. Everywhere I went they looked at me all suspicious and disgusted. How can she kill her own parents for money? She will kill her sister too! And blah, blah, blah! As I passed from corridors to classes. Alec ignored me. That was a blow. He was just another so-called boyfriend too. I expected same behaviour from everyone. No one disappointed me. Only person talking to me was Coach Bowman. I was his star athlete and it didn’t matter to him whether I was a murderer , a vampire or a ghost as long as I won the race.
“Alec! Can I talk to you for a second?”, I remember asking him on first day back school, with swollen eyes and unkempt hair.
“Umm..later! I have classes now.”, he said and hurried away.
He never even bothered to ask, how was I? I was hurt terribly hurt and at that time I wanted to die…but now things changed. I changed from shy, courteous girl to your rude, short-tempered ass-hole! 
I was only myself, when 
1)I was running in woods, on track, in race!
2)When I was with Lila.
My attire went from pretty dresses to hoodies and jeans. And I chopped my hair to shoulder length. Though , surprisingly they grew back to their original length the very next week.
I usually had my hood own to avoid weird glances and sympathetic looks. Some were even jealous because I had all money to myself now. I just hid from hostile world and tried to ignore the pain!
Greta and Charles loved me like before, and I was grateful for that!
“And we have our winner, It’s Kiara Wright, again!”, Coach said in a bored tone.
And that was when I gave my team mates head start! 
I guess life wanted me to run…run far away from the injuries and bad memories! I was here just because of Lila, I signed everything over to my sister. I didn’t wanted money, just my life back.
I wiped away my sweat and looked around the school. In 3 months, so much has changed for me. I talked to nobody and nobody talked to me. The insults stop but the looks were always accusing me. I had learned to live with it, like I had learned to lie at people’s faces.
But who knew, that my life was not at its worst yet! That I could do more than just kill my parents.

Comments

Popular Posts