Day 7: Shades of Life

Shades of Life
Someone gifted me a set of colors,
So many different shades.
Use it well,said Someone to me.
Thrilled I was, and carefree,
Paying no heed to someone.
Vibrant colors blinded my mind.
And I destroyed their order,
Order of my Life!
Choose Pink, my heart suggested,
With a reason my mind can’t comprehend.
But my fingers reached out for the color,
On a blushing girls’ cheek.
It gave me joy, a weird spark to my inner self,
But started fading,
As soon as,childhood left.
Pink bid an untimely adieu,
Leaving me sad and distraught.
As I entered a different shade;
Red, greeted me with open arms,
A wicked smile on its face.
My softness was replaced,Red gifted me a new attire,
Though more chaotic than before,
New feeling rushed through me.
Do I want to quit?
Do I want to fight?
Red pretended to be my friend,
Ready with both Fire and A Rose,
Leaving the hardest part to me,to choose!
The presence of Red was fun at first,
Turning annoying with passing time.
This time I was the one to say good bye!
Knowing too well,
I have messed up with the Shades,
And Someone, somewhere scowling down on me!
Nevertheless, I chose Blue this time,
For freedom, like a soaring bird.
Blue was jubilant and gave me a pair of Wings.
Trusting my life to Blue,
I delicately attached my new Wings,
Not knowing wings were for infants,
Myself too bounded for freedom now!
So I fell down fluttering hopelessly,
Into Black’s Realm...
Black gave me a charming smile,
I knew I was in for a test!
“Dark Times,my girl”, he said savouring each word.
“I am ready!”I retorted.
Black stepped down from his Throne,
And opened a gate, lustrous gold,
And asked me yet again, to choose...
From my color box,
“Which color, dear?”
Hopelessness engulfed me,
Tears trickled down my eyes,
I was Shattered!
I prayed ardently to Someone,
For help and apology,
And The Someone was Divine,
As He opened the door,
Right door for me!
Black succumbed down to dust,
As White illuminated Black’s courtroom,
And My Life!
“Proceed carefully!”, Someone again advised...

Comments

Popular Posts