Day 3: Death


Death

I opened my eyes,
A blurred image adorned them.
A dark secret smile,
That I couldn't understand just then.
I was young and fresh,
Just like a flower bud.
So I smiled back to the stranger,
And blurred person bent close to me;
Whispered, “I am your worst fear!"
I kept smiling, not understanding,
"Or!", still smiling, ironically, he said
"I am your best friend!".
I grew, the blurry image blurred further,
But the voice intact in my mind.
Of the stranger,
who could be my fear or friend!
At age of twelve,
My grandmother died.
I wept my heart out,
A hand patted my back in consolation,
Hand, I saw belonged to a stranger.
The strange with the smile I remember...
He was dangerous, yes, his eyes said that.
But not evil.
I was afraid of him, but I was scared!
My tear filled eyes looked up at his deep ones,
Deep enough to give you nightmares!
He whispered once again,
As he departed with my grandmother...
"Everyone loves me but no one likes to meet me!”
I stood there stunned, in a eerie silence,
My feeling a mixture of sorrow, pain and fear!
I grew further,
My shoulders now sagged with responsibility,
My Life a painful struggle,
Task so many time so less.
I wished to be dead!
And there he was again,
A shock to my senses,
He was beautiful tonight, dazzling.
His black hair gleaming in moonlight,
His  smile so charming!
I had seen Him before,
But not like this,
So handsome, so suave.
My heart skipped a beat as he leaned closer,
And whispered yet again,
“You don’t want to die yet?”
In a trance, my eyelids heavy,
I shook my head.
Of Course I don’t want to live,
I thought, with a beautiful stranger
Right in front of me!
He left as soon as I replied,
The blissful feeling gone,
Disappointed, I haven’t even asked his name…
The stranger with familiar voice,
Left me with hopelessness again.
The period of turmoil passed,
I grew.
Now withered like autumn leaves,
Vision blurring once again,
Cheeks too weak to lift for a smile.
I prayed, knowing Time was near.
Time came soon,
And with it came the stranger,
Whom now I recognized.
I knew who he was,
TO whom the musical, soothing voice belonged.
He was [b]Death[/b],
The handsome man in black;
He smiled his familiar smile,
And like a child,
I smiled back, not out of innocence,
But like to an acquaintance.
Relieved somehow I let out a sigh,
Tranquil and smiling,
He bent forward again, not to whisper,
But planted a kiss on my cheek instead!
He said aloud,
His voice vibrating through my shriveled bones,
“Time to leave my friend!”
Fearlessly I grabbed his hand,
To travel back from where I started!

Comments

Popular Posts